- nouna chart with bars whose lengths are proportional to quantities• Syn: ↑bar graph• Hypernyms: ↑chart• Hyponyms: ↑histogram
* * *noun: a graphic representation for comparing numbers by means of rectangles of uniform widths but of lengths proportional to the numbers being represented — called also bar graph
* * *bar chart or bar graph nounA graph showing comparative quantities by means of rectangular blocks of varying proportional height• • •Main Entry: ↑bar
* * *a bar graphThesaurus: graphs, charts and diagramshyponym
* * *bar chart,a chart or graph of a comparison of quantities by means of darkened rectangles of various lengths, each of which represents a particular quantity; bar graph.
* * *n. another term for bar graph
* * *noun, pl ⋯ charts [count]: ↑bar graph
* * *a diagram that uses lines or narrow ↑rectangles (= bars) of different heights (but equal widths) to show different amounts, so that they can be comparedSee also: ↑bar graphExample Bank:
The bar chart shows what the average American consumes in a year compared with other nationalities.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
bar chart — bar charts N COUNT A bar chart is a graph which uses parallel rectangular shapes to represent changes in the size, value, or rate of something or to compare the amount of something relating to a number of different countries or groups. [mainly… … English dictionary
bar chart — n. BAR GRAPH * * * … Universalium
bar chart — also bar graph n a picture of boxes of different heights, in which each box represents a different amount or quantity … Dictionary of contemporary English
bar chart — bar′ chart n. sta bar graph … From formal English to slang
bar chart — (also bar graph) ► NOUN ▪ a diagram in which different quantities are represented by rectangles of varying height … English terms dictionary
bar chart — n. BAR GRAPH … English World dictionary
Bar Chart — [engl.], Balkendiagramm … Universal-Lexikon
Bar chart — See also: Histogram Example of a bar chart, with Country as the discrete data set. A bar chart or bar graph is a chart with rectangular bars with lengths proportional to the values that they represent. The bars can be plotted vertically or… … Wikipedia
bar chart — A chart that graphs the high, low, and settlement prices for a specific trading session over a given period of time. Chicago Board of Trade glossary A graphic representation of price movement disclosing the high, low, close, and sometimes the… … Financial and business terms
Bar Chart — A style of chart used by some technical analysts, on which, as illustrated below, the top of the vertical line indicates the highest price a security traded at during the day, and the bottom represents the lowest price. The closing price is… … Investment dictionary